Deadly Frisco motel incident could result in homicide charges, DA says
April 17, 2014
An unnamed suspect in the death of Blake Bostic, 38, of Summit County, could face homicide charges, 5th Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown said Monday, April 14 in a news release.
Bostic was pronounced dead at about 4:30 a.m. Monday at St. Anthony Summit Medical Center after a dispute allegedly turned violent at the Snowshoe Motel in Frisco. The Summit County Coroner has planned an autopsy for Tuesday, April 15 to determine an official cause of death.
As of 5 p.m. Monday, a suspect was in custody at the Frisco Police Station. The name of the suspect was being withheld while Frisco police officers conducted interviews of potential witnesses. The Frisco Police Department is leading the investigation.
Jill Sarmo, public information officer for the district attorney's office, said officers planned to transfer the suspect to Breckenridge at an undisclosed time Monday night for booking into Summit County Jail.
The suspect is scheduled to appear Tuesday, April 15 for an advisement in Summit County Court. The time is still to be determined.
The Frisco Police Department and the Summit County Sheriff's Office responded to the incident, which was initiated at about 2 a.m. as a report of an assault.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- High Country Crime: Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Unconventional Summit County manslaughter trial ends in acquittal
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash