Deadly Frisco motel incident could result in homicide charges, DA says
April 17, 2014
An unnamed suspect in the death of Blake Bostic, 38, of Summit County, could face homicide charges, 5th Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown said Monday, April 14 in a news release.
Bostic was pronounced dead at about 4:30 a.m. Monday at St. Anthony Summit Medical Center after a dispute allegedly turned violent at the Snowshoe Motel in Frisco. The Summit County Coroner has planned an autopsy for Tuesday, April 15 to determine an official cause of death.
As of 5 p.m. Monday, a suspect was in custody at the Frisco Police Station. The name of the suspect was being withheld while Frisco police officers conducted interviews of potential witnesses. The Frisco Police Department is leading the investigation.
Jill Sarmo, public information officer for the district attorney’s office, said officers planned to transfer the suspect to Breckenridge at an undisclosed time Monday night for booking into Summit County Jail.
The suspect is scheduled to appear Tuesday, April 15 for an advisement in Summit County Court. The time is still to be determined.
The Frisco Police Department and the Summit County Sheriff’s Office responded to the incident, which was initiated at about 2 a.m. as a report of an assault.
Trending In: Crime
- Healthy economy, cheap gas prices mean more trips to Summit — and more traffic fatalities
- Breckenridge drug bust reveals cocaine being sold out of bars, restaurants
- Summit County police blotter: Stoned man’s dance moves not appreciated
- ‘Campaign of terror’: Breckenridge man sentenced to probation in cyberstalking case
- Summit County police blotter: Balsamic bandit busted in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Smell of weed in Denver leads feds to bust of Nebraska marijuana network
- After devastating injuries, Chris Hawks returns to the slopes as a coach
- Hickenlooper appointee files 64 disability access cases
- Mountain Town News: Snow and ice can kill just outside your door (column)