Dillon to begin mandatory winter towing
November 7, 2013
The town of Dillon announced today, Nov. 7, it would transition Saturday, Nov. 9, from ticketing illegally parked cars to towing them from all streets, right-of-ways and parking lots.
Brian Brady, interim chief of the Dillon Police Department, said mandatory towing is required for snow removal and proper lot maintenance during the winter months.
Exceptions include drivers who park their cars legally in accordance with the town’s rotating lot system. Overnight parking restrictions are shown on signage at the entrance to all town lots.
A detailed map of those lots, including the schedule of overnight parking restrictions, is available at the Dillon Police Department, 275 Lake Dillon Drive.
Police department officers are in the process of advising local business owners of the change. Parking lot maps also will be available at restaurants and bars in the town core.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County police blotter: BB gun-wielding biker has soft spot for a kitten
- Democrats winning Colorado early voting, pollsters say
- Summit County police blotter: Egg mistaken for knife in Breckenridge
- Attacker punches officer, gets Tased (with video)
- Summit County police blotter: In Breckenridge, when you gotta go, you gotta go