Man dies after being hit by car on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne
Ryan Summerlin June 23, 2014
A man was struck by a car and killed on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne late Friday night.
Thomas Vigil, 27, of Northglenn, Colorado, was running across the road when he was hit by a Pontiac Grand Am, according to Colorado State Patrol.
The accident happened around 11:45 p.m. Friday, June 20, near mile marker 116. Vigil may have been driving a Chrysler found parked along the shoulder of the road near the scene of the accident.
The driver of the Pontiac, whose name was not released, was not injured.
According to state patrol, the driver was not impaired by alcohol or drugs, and no charges have been filed.
The accident is under investigation, and the Summit Daily will provide more information as it becomes available.
Trending In: Crime
- Truck stolen from Wildernest winds up on Baldy Road in Breckenridge
- Amaya’s ex-wife says they tried exorcism of him two years before double homicide
- Summit County emergency crews stage mass shooter simulation
- Summit County coroner responds to two suicide reports
- 3,000 pot plants seized in illegal Garfield County grow