Man dies after being hit by car on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne
June 23, 2014
A man was struck by a car and killed on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne late Friday night.
Thomas Vigil, 27, of Northglenn, Colorado, was running across the road when he was hit by a Pontiac Grand Am, according to Colorado State Patrol.
The accident happened around 11:45 p.m. Friday, June 20, near mile marker 116. Vigil may have been driving a Chrysler found parked along the shoulder of the road near the scene of the accident.
The driver of the Pontiac, whose name was not released, was not injured.
According to state patrol, the driver was not impaired by alcohol or drugs, and no charges have been filed.
The accident is under investigation, and the Summit Daily will provide more information as it becomes available.
Trending In: Crime
- Breckenridge dog mauled by mastiff, put down a month later
- Summit County coroner’s survivor program offers help for families impacted by death
- Breckenridge car crash claims life of mother of one from Blue River
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County rescuers responded to three avalanches this weekend
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Video footage from Breckenridge’s Race of the Santas; Bernese Mountain Dog parade
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate