Man dies after being hit by car on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne
Ryan Summerlin June 23, 2014
A man was struck by a car and killed on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne late Friday night.
Thomas Vigil, 27, of Northglenn, Colorado, was running across the road when he was hit by a Pontiac Grand Am, according to Colorado State Patrol.
The accident happened around 11:45 p.m. Friday, June 20, near mile marker 116. Vigil may have been driving a Chrysler found parked along the shoulder of the road near the scene of the accident.
The driver of the Pontiac, whose name was not released, was not injured.
According to state patrol, the driver was not impaired by alcohol or drugs, and no charges have been filed.
The accident is under investigation, and the Summit Daily will provide more information as it becomes available.
Trending In: Crime
- 3,000 pot plants seized in illegal Garfield County grow
- Man accused of stealing $550,000 from Summit HOAs wants his case dropped
- Summit County police blotter: Baby carted away, then recovered at Lowe’s
- Summit County police blotter: This $50 isn’t Pho real
- Bystanders testify to Bostic’s death in Frisco murder case
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students