Man dies after being hit by car on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne
June 23, 2014
A man was struck by a car and killed on Highway 9 north of Silverthorne late Friday night.
Thomas Vigil, 27, of Northglenn, Colorado, was running across the road when he was hit by a Pontiac Grand Am, according to Colorado State Patrol.
The accident happened around 11:45 p.m. Friday, June 20, near mile marker 116. Vigil may have been driving a Chrysler found parked along the shoulder of the road near the scene of the accident.
The driver of the Pontiac, whose name was not released, was not injured.
According to state patrol, the driver was not impaired by alcohol or drugs, and no charges have been filed.
The accident is under investigation, and the Summit Daily will provide more information as it becomes available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- High Country Crime: Steamboat Springs “homeless chef” accused of selling heroin
- Summit County police blotter: Breckenridge man calls 911 during his own DUI stop
- High Country Crime: Steamboat Springs bear targets string of unlocked cars
- Summit County felony cases on the rise, reflecting statewide violent crime trends
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon