Man dies during rafting trip on the Blue River north of Silverthorne
July 8, 2014
A man died Sunday during a rafting trip on the Blue River north of Silverthorne.
Charles Emery, 70, of Denver, was part of a group of nine people on a noncommercial raft trip, said Charles Pitman, spokesman for the all-volunteer nonprofit Summit County Rescue Group.
First responders received a call around 1 p.m. Sunday and drove to the scene between Silverthorne and Green Mountain Reservoir, near mile marker 112 on Highway 9 about three miles north of the Blue River Campground.
Another person with an injury of unknown severity was taken to St. Anthony Summit Medical Center, Pitman said, and the other seven people in the water were found after a search that initially spanned six miles of river.
As of late Sunday afternoon, more details surrounding the accident remained unclear, he said.
The Summit Daily News will update this story as more information becomes available.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- SWAT team called to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- Stalking victim says court case barely scratched the surface of 6-year battle with abuse
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Breckenridge man sentenced to five years for role in two fentanyl overdose deaths