Rockslide closes Loveland Pass U.S. Highway 6 for the night
May 28, 2014
U.S. Highway 6 at Loveland Pass is closed due to a rockslide, Colorado Department of Transportation officials reported.
The slide occurred near milepost 219, is about 75 feet in length and dumped about 7 feet of debris on the highway's centerline, said CDOT spokeswoman Tracy Trulove. CDOT crews on the scene reported the slide triggered on a nearby slope at about 150 feet above the highway.
Crews also reported a significant amount of water running through the slide area, Trulove said. CDOT's geotechnical engineering crew has been dispatched to the scene to determine the stability of the slope where the slide took place.
Cleanup operations are underway, but the pass likely will remain closed overnight, Trulove said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- High Country Crime: Notorious Aspen con man gets six years
- As heroin ODs rise, Garfield, Eagle, Pitkin agencies consider antidote
- Report: Faulty hardware, ‘human error’ led to fatal Flight for Life crash in Frisco
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust