Sen. Mark Udall in Denver Thursday for counterterrorism discussion
October 16, 2013
If you go…
Who: Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab
What: National Security Forum
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: Ellie Caulkins Opera House, Denver Performing Arts Complex, 1101 13th Street in Denver
— Scheduled speakers include U.S. Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo., and Central Intelligence Agency director Leon Panetta
— The event is sold out, but will be broadcasted live online at http://www.thecell.org
The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab will host its next national security forum Thursday in Denver.
The forum, titled “U.S. Leadership in Shaping Global Security,” will feature discussions led by former Secretary of Defense and current director of the Central Intelligence Agency Leon Panetta, as well as U.S. Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo. Udall serves on the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee and the Select Committee on Intelligence.
Mike Saccone, communications director for Sen. Udall, said he expects Thursday’s event to be lengthy and topics to include everything from new leadership in Iran and Israeli-Palestinian peace talks to cyber security and National Security Agency wiretaps.
The dialogue, moderated by Andy Alexander, formerly of The Washington Post and Cox News, also will touch on the impacts of the government shutdown and ongoing budget debates on the nation’s security policy, according to a Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab news release.
“Our nation faces a series of challenges at home and abroad, from the looming federal government default to pervasive domestic surveillance to upheavals in the Middle East,” Udall said in the release. “This forum will give Coloradans and the public a front row seat to these and other timely discussions.”
More than 3,000 people are expected to attend the sold-out event, which takes place at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, 1101 13th St. in Denver. The event will be broadcasted live online and may be viewed by visiting http://www.thecell.org.
The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab is a Denver-based nonprofit, nonpartisan institution dedicated to preventing terrorism through education, empowerment and engagement, the release stated.
Trending In: Crime
- Breckenridge dog mauled by mastiff, put down a month later
- Summit County coroner’s survivor program offers help for families impacted by death
- Breckenridge car crash claims life of mother of one from Blue River
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County rescuers responded to three avalanches this weekend
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Video footage from Breckenridge’s Race of the Santas; Bernese Mountain Dog parade
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate