Silverthorne man pleads guilty to child sexual assault charges
December 5, 2014
A Silverthorne man pleaded guilty Thursday in Summit County District Court to amended child sexual assault charges.
Francisco Fuentes Godinez, 41, was originally charged with one count each of felony child sexual assault with a pattern of abuse, child sexual assault from a position of trust and sexual assault on a child under the age of 15. Those charges were dropped and Godinez instead pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual exploitation of a child, a Class 3 felony.
Deputy district attorney Rusty Prindle said that although the charges changed, the punishment he proposed in a plea deal in June had not. Prindle and public defender Stacy Shobe reached an agreement that Godinez would face 15 to 20 years in the Colorado Department of Corrections in exchange for his guilty plea.
District judge Karen Romeo ordered a presentence investigation and a psycho-sexual evaluation. Godinez is scheduled to return to district court at 11 a.m. Oct. 27 for sentencing.
Godinez was arrested in March after emergency room doctors at St. Anthony Summit Medical Center called the Silverthorne Police Department to investigate a possible sexual assault of a 9-year-old.
Upon the officers’ arrival, doctors told them the victim was displaying symptoms consistent with a sexually transmitted disease, according to court records.
During an interview with representatives from the department of social services, the victim described occasions, dating back more than a year, in which she was allegedly assaulted by Godinez, records stated.
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County police blotter: BB gun-wielding biker has soft spot for a kitten
- Democrats winning Colorado early voting, pollsters say
- Former Breckenridge man to face additional charges in sprawling cyberstalking case
- Summit County police blotter: Egg mistaken for knife in Breckenridge
- Attacker punches officer, gets Tased (with video)
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Snowboarder charged $260K in damages from collision at Keystone won’t have to pay
- Guide to 2016 opening day terrain and lifts at Keystone, Breck, Copper and Loveland
- Cows on the loose after I-70 truck rollover
- 5th Judicial District Attorney: Candidate embraces past mistake