Silverthorne police blotter: Front Range sex assault suspect attempts suicide in Summit County
June 10, 2014
On May 10, Silverthorne police officers responded to a report of a hit-and-run crash in town. The reporting parties said the other driver appeared "extremely out of it" and they were worried he might kill somebody if not stopped.
Working with the Colorado State Patrol, officers were able to locate the suspected vehicle. Officers soon learned the driver had cut both of his wrists and admitted to taking an excessive amount of prescription sleeping pills in an effort to commit suicide, according to police records.
The driver apparently is the suspect of a sex assault case on the Front Range and had traveled to Summit County to kill himself, along with anyone else who got in his way, records stated. He was placed into custody and booked into Summit County jail after being medically cleared at Summit Medical Center.
Intoxicated man injures himself at local establishment, owner issued warning
Upon their arrival an unknown person told officers he witnessed the driver exit his vehicle and “stumble” his way toward Wildernest, according to police records.
On May 12, officers responded to a medical assist call at a local restaurant that serves alcohol. The injured party apparently hurt himself due to his level of intoxication, according to police records, but had admitted to drinking before entering the establishment. Liquor enforcement officers decided to issue the manager and the owner a written warning.
Recommended Stories For You
Drunkard parks car on I-70 onramp
On May 17, officers responded to a report of a vehicle blocking the westbound Interstate 70 onramp in Silverthorne. Upon their arrival an unknown person told officers he witnessed the driver exit his vehicle and "stumble" his way toward Wildernest, according to police records. The man said the driver appeared intoxicated and needed some help.
Silverthorne police officers solicited the assistance of the Dillon Police Department to locate the driver, who was found walking up the hill near Lowe's Home Improvement. Dillon police officers asked the man to submit to a roadside evaluation. As the witness suspected, the driver was intoxicated, according to records.
The man was placed into custody, booked and later released by the Silverthorne Police Department.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Summit County police blotter: ‘Shady local woman’ swipes tourist’s pants and wallet in Breckenridge
- High Country Crime: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards, sheriff’s office says
- Standoff in Breckenridge results in school lock-out before peaceful ending
- High Country Crime: Man high on LSD assaulted Rocky Mountain National Park ranger, authorities say
- Summit County police blotter: Man’s rampage causes $10,000 in damage at hotel
- Man who fatally crashed into Lake Dillon was driving 60 mph, possibly intoxicated, report says
- Eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Vail will close Friday morning to remove crashed semi
- Summit County firefighters again face ‘epidemic’ of unattended campfires as wildfire burns
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Mountain Town News: How to keep Yellowstone’s supervolcano from blasting