Summit County inmate dies after suicide attempt in jail
April 12, 2016
An inmate died at St. Anthony's Hospital in Lakewood on Monday night, after a suicide attempt that morning at the Summit County Detention Facility. Blue River resident Jacqueline Bickford, 31, passed away despite efforts to resuscitate her.
"Deputies immediately began life-saving measures, including CPR, after the woman was found unresponsive in her cell," the Summit County Sheriff's Office reported in a statement.
Emergency responders from Red, White and Blue Fire-Rescue continued resuscitation before transporting Bickford to Summit Medical Center on Monday morning. She was later transferred to St. Anthony's Hospital in Lakewood.
At approximately 7:25 p.m., April 11, the Jefferson County Coroner's Office transferred jurisdiction of the decedent to the Summit County Coroner's Office. An autopsy is pending.
The suicide attempt is currently being investigated by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and the Fifth Judicial District Attorney's Office. Summit County Sheriff spokeswoman Taneil Ilano said this is standard procedure "to ensure a complete, thorough and impartial investigation."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- High Country Crime: Steamboat Springs bear targets string of unlocked cars
- Summit County police blotter: Breckenridge man calls 911 during his own DUI stop
- Summit County police blotter: ‘Shady local woman’ swipes tourist’s pants and wallet in Breckenridge
- Summit County police blotter: Man driving high on horse tranquilizers thinks he’s in Greeley
- High Country Crime: Equifax scammer posing as an Eagle County Sheriff’s detective called that detective
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery