Suspect in Breckenridge near drowning case appears in Summit County Court
January 30, 2014
Bianca Krakofsky, a Colorado Springs woman charged with child abuse, was in Summit County District Court Wednesday, Jan. 29, for a first appearance.
Krakofsky is charged with one count of child abuse-negligence causing serious bodily injury, a Class 4 felony, for allegedly leaving a 5-year-old child unsupervised in October 2013 in a hot tub at the Grand Lodge in Breckenridge. The child was in Krakofsky’s foster care at the time and nearly drowned, according to court records.
Krakofsky appeared in court Wednesday on a summons. Because she is not eligible for a pretrial hearing, her attorney, Shay Whitaker of Aurora, requested the case be bound directly to Summit County District Court.
Summit County Judge Edward Casias granted the request by continuing the summons. Krakofsky is scheduled to return to Summit County at 4 p.m. March 10 for another first-appearance hearing before 5th Judicial District Judge Karen Romeo.
Deputy district attorneys John Franks and Mark Franklin are prosecuting Krakofsky.
At about 4:15 p.m. Oct. 5, 2013, the child in Krakofsky’s care was found unresponsive in a hot tub at the Grand Lodge in Breckenridge, according to a district attorney’s office news release.
First responders attempted to revive the child before he was flown to a Denver hospital. The charge against Krakofsky comes after a lengthy investigation by Breckenridge police and the district attorney’s office. If convicted, Krakofsky could be sentenced to prison, the release stated.
Trending In: Crime
- Former Summit County man imprisoned for Ponzi scheme ran similar scam in Dillon
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Summit County rescuers responded to three avalanches this weekend
- Summit County police blotter: Seven-year-old saves face at Copper Mountain Resort
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Merchants in Breckenridge to pay for customer parking validations
- Summit County locals open French-inspired bistro on Breckenridge Main St.
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords
- Chairlift speed dating event at Loveland Ski Area Saturday
- Summit County weather forecast calls for steady snow throughout weekend