High school short story contest
Ryan Summerlin October 13, 2012
The Rotary Club of Summit County and the Summit Daily News present the fourth annual Summit High Short Story Contest. The contest is open to all SHS students as well as home-schooled students.
• Word limit: 2,000
• Subject: Whatever you’d like
• Deadline: Midnight, Nov. 16
• Submission: Email your story as a Word document to email@example.com with subject: short story contest
The top three winners will earn cash prizes and will read their stories aloud at a Rotary meeting. Winning stories will also be published in the Summit Daily News.
A few things to consider:
• Be sure to have your name and email address on your submission
• List the word count
• Spell check
• Creativity and good writing are the two main things to be judged, but proper grammar, spelling and style will figure heavily as well.
• Have fun.