Johnson: Support Kevin Mastin for county commissioner
October 28, 2012
Kevin Mastin, a small business owner and environmentalist, is the kind of person we need as a Summit County commissioner. That’s because he is:
1. A candidate who has lived in the area most of his life and who knows the county and is committed to its economic and environmental welfare.
2. A candidate who wants to make Summit County’s budget fit its revenues and expenses without raising taxes.
3. A candidate who treasures our environment and is sensible about finding ways to sustain economic activity and jobs while protecting the reasons we all live here.
4. A strong communicator and a great marketer and sales person for Summit County’s tourist attractions and local businesses. He will talk with his constituents, not down to them.
5. A person with integrity, both intellectual and financial.
6. A hard worker who knows how to be a family person as well as a politician, member of the community and business owner.
7. A learner who’s not only gotten a good education but also learns every day and isn’t stuck in a single-issue rut.
8. A listener. He listened to my opinions about high building permit fees with respect and understanding. I appreciate that. That he has widespread support shows that he listens to voters and understands the issues facing the county’s commissioners.
Please see Kevin’s website at http://www.kevinmastin.com, which shows his talent as a communicator, marketer and long-time service as the president of various county organizations and as a high school coach. You’ll be impressed. He’s running at large, not just in the 3rd district.