A new Summit County business offers mindfulness classes for children
October 21, 2016
A new business in Summit County is aiming to teach children how to better manage emotions and stress, and increase their empathy, optimism and concentration. Summit Mindfulness was recently founded by Rob Van Hyfte and will offer mindfulness classes for children ages 11 to 18.
Van Hyfte will be holding several information sessions for parents to learn more about the business. The sessions will be at the SOS Outreach location at 110 Third Ave. in Frisco. The first two sessions are on Nov. 10 and 17, 7–8 p.m. The third will be on Dec. 11, 4–5 p.m. There will be snacks provided.
Van Hyfte has taught classes with SOS Outreach, a nonprofit that works with youth through outdoor programs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Lake Dillon Fire’s merger with Copper Mountain leaves Summit with two fire districts. But will a final merger ever happen?
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots