Arvada man dies after heart attack at Keystone
June 25, 2013
An Arvada man who was visiting Summit County died Monday, two days after he suffered a heart attack in the Keystone area and was air lifted to a hospital in Lakewood.
Rand Meyers, 57, went into cardiac arrest on Saturday. He was transported by helicopter to St. Anthony's Hospital on the Front Range.
He was pronounced dead Monday just before 9 p.m., according to a statement from the Summit County Coroner.
The circumstances and manner of death were consistent with natural causes, Coroner Tim Keeling stated. Meyers was reportedly indoors when he had the heart attack.
— Caddie Nath
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- At 117 years old, Frisco’s schoolhouse bell has been through a lot, including a kidnapping
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of July 16
- Wildlife highway crossing open house scheduled for July 26 in Frisco
- Dillon Ranger District reopens Breckenridge-area trails after Peak 2 Fire
- Colorado couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off