Basecamp Wine and Spirits raised more than $11,000 for Summit County schools at annual Harvest Gathering
November 28, 2016
Last month, Basecamp Wine and Spirits hosted its second annual Harvest Gathering in Frisco at the Rio Grande Restaurant in Frisco's Basecamp Center. More than 140 people attended the event, which raised more than $11,000 for the Peak School and the Education Foundation of the Summit.
Beverage vendors were on hand to showcase fine wines and spirits, and four local restaraunts — Sauce on the Blue, Tavern West, the Rio Grande Restaurant and Whole Food Market — served up appetizers and desserts.
Other local businesses donated 65 silent auction items to raise funds in support of the education of Summit youth. Items included two pairs of premium skis from Epic Mountain Gear, a $100 gift card from local favorite Vinny's Restaurant, and a wheelbarrow full of local Colorado microbrews.
In addition to the silent auction, there were three live auction items that alone raised nearly $3,000. Basecamp Wine & Spirits auctioned off a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15-year Family Reserve whiskey for $850, and Outer Range Brewing — set to open this December in Frisco — sold a chance to help brew an experimental beer for $550. Crosscut Reclaimed set the event record by selling a custom-made outdoor bar made of reclaimed barn wood for $1,400. All proceeds from the event went to Summit County schools.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area