Beavertail Tunnel to close for CDOT construction project
April 21, 2017
The Colorado Department of Transportation will be starting a large repair project on the Beavertail Tunnel on Interstate 70 this Monday. The project includes concrete patches, structural repair, coating of the tunnel liner, repairs to the eastbound service road as well as installing luminaire lighting.
The eastbound service road will be closed to all traffic for several days next week for a hot mix asphalt overlay. The speed limit will be reduced to 40 miles per hour and eastbound traffic will go down to a single lane.
For the duration of the project, traffic will detour to the single lane service road that runs adjacent to the Beavertail Tunnel. Driver will reconnect with I-70 after 1.2 miles.
Construction on the project will happen Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The project is scheduled to be completed in November of this year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search