Beavertail Tunnel to close for CDOT construction project
April 21, 2017
The Colorado Department of Transportation will be starting a large repair project on the Beavertail Tunnel on Interstate 70 this Monday. The project includes concrete patches, structural repair, coating of the tunnel liner, repairs to the eastbound service road as well as installing luminaire lighting.
The eastbound service road will be closed to all traffic for several days next week for a hot mix asphalt overlay. The speed limit will be reduced to 40 miles per hour and eastbound traffic will go down to a single lane.
For the duration of the project, traffic will detour to the single lane service road that runs adjacent to the Beavertail Tunnel. Driver will reconnect with I-70 after 1.2 miles.
Construction on the project will happen Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The project is scheduled to be completed in November of this year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)