Blue River man hurt in boating incident at Horsetooth Reservoir
July 6, 2013
A man was critically injured Sunday night in a boating accident when he reportedly jumped from a boat and was severely cut by a propeller.
The incident happened about 5:54 p.m. at Horsetooth Reservoir, according to a Larimer County Sheriff's Office media release.
Deputies and park rangers were called to the Sunrise Picnic area on a boating accident and found a 22-year-old man suffering "with severe lacerations to most of the right side of his body."
The man was taken to the Medical Center of the Rockies where he underwent surgery and is in critical condition.
The victim was not identified.
Read more at http://bit.ly/1aHf8cA.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash