Blue River man hurt in boating incident at Horsetooth Reservoir
July 6, 2013
A man was critically injured Sunday night in a boating accident when he reportedly jumped from a boat and was severely cut by a propeller.
The incident happened about 5:54 p.m. at Horsetooth Reservoir, according to a Larimer County Sheriff's Office media release.
Deputies and park rangers were called to the Sunrise Picnic area on a boating accident and found a 22-year-old man suffering "with severe lacerations to most of the right side of his body."
The man was taken to the Medical Center of the Rockies where he underwent surgery and is in critical condition.
The victim was not identified.
Read more at http://bit.ly/1aHf8cA.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep
- Dillon Ranger District reopens Breckenridge-area trails after Peak 2 Fire
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of July 16
- Sheriff warns of increased parking enforcement on Heeney Road
- Photos: Yogis breathe in crisp mountain air at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Biff America: Six commandments we can all agree on (column)
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)