Blue River man hurt in boating incident at Horsetooth Reservoir
July 6, 2013
A man was critically injured Sunday night in a boating accident when he reportedly jumped from a boat and was severely cut by a propeller.
The incident happened about 5:54 p.m. at Horsetooth Reservoir, according to a Larimer County Sheriff’s Office media release.
Deputies and park rangers were called to the Sunrise Picnic area on a boating accident and found a 22-year-old man suffering “with severe lacerations to most of the right side of his body.”
The man was taken to the Medical Center of the Rockies where he underwent surgery and is in critical condition.
The victim was not identified.
Read more at http://bit.ly/1aHf8cA.
Trending In: Local
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Summit Daily News announces the 2016 Best Of Summit (photos & video)
- Summit County eyes infrastructure needs for Lake Hill housing in 2017
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area set to open Friday — the first in Colorado