Breckenridge construction crew unwittingly gave away historic artifact
October 4, 2013
In May, a construction crew inadvertently removed a 25-foot section of wrought iron fence from 112 S. French St. in Breckenridge. The fence was from the original 1939 construction, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Shortly after the fence's removal, a bystander approached the construction crew and asked for the section. The bystander was allowed to leave with the fence, as the construction crew was unaware of its historic value.
Cindy Hintgen, Breckenridge Heritage Alliance operations manager, said the fence was removed from a home near the Harris Street community center construction.
The Breckenridge police are working with the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance to return the missing fence.
Anyone with information is asked to call Matthew Collver at the Breckenridge Police Department at (970) 453-2941.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Summit County slammed by spring storm, I-70 an ‘utter mess’