Breckenridge lodging occupancy up for Fourth of July
July 3, 2013
Occupancy levels at Breckenridge lodges are up 10 percent over last year for the upcoming Fourth of July celebration, according to data released last week by the Breckenridge Resort Chamber & Breckenridge Central Reservations.
Bill Wishowski, vice president of the chamber, said the employees arrived at the increase by comparing Thursday reservation totals from last year with bookings made thus far for this Thursday.
In addition, occupancy levels through the rest of the holiday weekend could be up 10 percent compared to last year. As of June 25, lodging reservations for Friday and Saturday were trending in the 65 to 70 percent range, Wishowski said.
After the Fourth of July occupancy levels are expected to drop, Wishowski said.
Occupancy for the week of July 7 is flat compared to last summer, with the Breckenridge Resort Chamber estimating local lodges filling to about 40 percent of capacity.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director