Breckenridge Police Department honored at state police chiefs’ convention
June 29, 2017
The Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police presented the Breckenridge Police Department with the American Spirit Award at the group's annual conference in Colorado Springs on Wednesday, June 28.
The award was presented for "innovative community policing including outreach to the homeless and transient population, work of the downtown unit, work in mental health, and participation in the President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing," according to a post on the department's Facebook page.
Last December, Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman presented the department with the Law Enforcement Agency of Excellence Award, citing similar community policing initiatives.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Lake Dillon Fire’s merger with Copper Mountain leaves Summit with two fire districts. But will a final merger ever happen?
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots