Breckenridge Ski Patrol responds to Christmas Day skier death
January 30, 2014
A man died Wednesday, Christmas Day, while visiting Breckenridge Ski Resort, according to a Summit County Coroner's Office news release.
Vladimir Stroleny, 57, from Miami, Fla., reportedly collapsed at about 12:30 p.m. at the top of the Beaver Run lift on Peak 9, the release stated. Breckenridge Ski Patrol responded to the scene and performed CPR while transporting the man to the Breckenridge Medical Center.
CPR continued for approximately 50 minutes before the man was ultimately pronounced dead, the release stated.
Although the cause of death is under investigation and an autopsy has been ordered, chief deputy coroner Regan Wood said initial findings point to the death being natural and possibly cardiac related.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County overdose trial defendant sentenced to two years in community corrections
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Business briefs: Summit County luxury home sales double in May
- Summer student lunch giveaway works to combat rising community need
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 11
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide