Breckenridge Ski Patrol responds to Christmas Day skier death
January 30, 2014
A man died Wednesday, Christmas Day, while visiting Breckenridge Ski Resort, according to a Summit County Coroner's Office news release.
Vladimir Stroleny, 57, from Miami, Fla., reportedly collapsed at about 12:30 p.m. at the top of the Beaver Run lift on Peak 9, the release stated. Breckenridge Ski Patrol responded to the scene and performed CPR while transporting the man to the Breckenridge Medical Center.
CPR continued for approximately 50 minutes before the man was ultimately pronounced dead, the release stated.
Although the cause of death is under investigation and an autopsy has been ordered, chief deputy coroner Regan Wood said initial findings point to the death being natural and possibly cardiac related.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County ambulances to stay at full strength (for now) thanks to last-minute deal
- Breckenridge eyes new law to regulate drones
- Man killed in Swan Mountain Road motorcycle crash identified
- Bear’s death remains a mystery, cubs’ bellies full of store-bought cherries
- Colorado Lt. Gov. Lynne closing in on official gubernatorial bid
- Hiker dies on Conundrum Creek Trail near Aspen, Pitkin County officials say
- Mountain Town News: Jackson Hole preparing for crowd like none other
- A viewer’s guide for Monday’s solar eclipse
- 100 homes sold for $90M breaks record for Colorado mountain towns, developer says
- A Summit County, Colorado, guide to the Great American Eclipse