Breckenridge Ski Patrol responds to Christmas Day skier death
January 30, 2014
A man died Wednesday, Christmas Day, while visiting Breckenridge Ski Resort, according to a Summit County Coroner's Office news release.
Vladimir Stroleny, 57, from Miami, Fla., reportedly collapsed at about 12:30 p.m. at the top of the Beaver Run lift on Peak 9, the release stated. Breckenridge Ski Patrol responded to the scene and performed CPR while transporting the man to the Breckenridge Medical Center.
CPR continued for approximately 50 minutes before the man was ultimately pronounced dead, the release stated.
Although the cause of death is under investigation and an autopsy has been ordered, chief deputy coroner Regan Wood said initial findings point to the death being natural and possibly cardiac related.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search