Breckenridge Ski Patrol responds to Christmas Day skier death
January 30, 2014
A man died Wednesday, Christmas Day, while visiting Breckenridge Ski Resort, according to a Summit County Coroner's Office news release.
Vladimir Stroleny, 57, from Miami, Fla., reportedly collapsed at about 12:30 p.m. at the top of the Beaver Run lift on Peak 9, the release stated. Breckenridge Ski Patrol responded to the scene and performed CPR while transporting the man to the Breckenridge Medical Center.
CPR continued for approximately 50 minutes before the man was ultimately pronounced dead, the release stated.
Although the cause of death is under investigation and an autopsy has been ordered, chief deputy coroner Regan Wood said initial findings point to the death being natural and possibly cardiac related.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Dillon town council sends hotel development back to drawing board
- CDOT starts $2.5 million wildlife fence installation on I-70
- Summit High School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Mrs. Summit County works with pageant to collect teddy bears for children
- Rocky Mountain resorts report lodging revenue up by 7.2 percent
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breckenridge Police Department a leader on diversity and inclusion
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access