Breckenridge Ski Patrol responds to Christmas Day skier death
January 30, 2014
A man died Wednesday, Christmas Day, while visiting Breckenridge Ski Resort, according to a Summit County Coroner's Office news release.
Vladimir Stroleny, 57, from Miami, Fla., reportedly collapsed at about 12:30 p.m. at the top of the Beaver Run lift on Peak 9, the release stated. Breckenridge Ski Patrol responded to the scene and performed CPR while transporting the man to the Breckenridge Medical Center.
CPR continued for approximately 50 minutes before the man was ultimately pronounced dead, the release stated.
Although the cause of death is under investigation and an autopsy has been ordered, chief deputy coroner Regan Wood said initial findings point to the death being natural and possibly cardiac related.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Sheriff warns of increased parking enforcement on Heeney Road
- Couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep
- Photos: Yogis breathe in crisp mountain air at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
- Dillon Ranger District reopens Breckenridge-area trails after Peak 2 Fire
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)