Breckenridge Town Council voting on waste service change
January 7, 2017
The Breckenridge Town Council will start their first work session of the year an hour early with a grants award reception at 2 p.m.
The Tuesday meeting will have second readings on three ordinances. The town will decide whether to give the Dipping Station landmark status, as well as look at an ordinance on placing signs on town property, and an ordinance that will put a fee in place for businesses filing paper sales tax forms.
For new business, the council will look at an ordinance making the Summit County Resource Allocation Park the only solid waste disposal site for all trash created within Breckenridge. The ordinance also requires that solid waste haulers must get an annual license from the town. There will also be a first reading on an ordinance making miscellaneous amendments to Breckenridge's town code. The changes will review titles within the town code to make sure they are up to date.
The council will also vote on a resolution that will help protect the town's water supply at Indiana Gulch. The resolution is to approve a memorandum with the U.S. Forest Service, the U.S. Department of Agriculture as well as the White River National Forest.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)