$11 million resurfacing project on Interstate 70 to start next week
March 14, 2017
The Colorado Department of Transportation's resurfacing project near Walcott on Interstate 70 is set to begin on March 20. The project will stretch from mile marker 159.5 to 167, and will cost approximately $11.1 million. There will also be bridge work done at mile marker 158.8.
From now until May 15, there will be scheduled daytime lane closures in each direction. Currently, all lanes will be open during peak traffic times in Avon and Edwards. A weekly lane closure report will be made available every Friday on the project website. At this time, there are no weekend closures scheduled. The project is scheduled to be completed in early November.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- High Country Crime: Notorious Aspen con man gets six years
- 660 tons of herring: The Anderson family fishing story, from Summit County to Chignik, Alaska
- A hidden horror: Heroin deaths rise across state
- Owner of Silverthorne’s Everist Materials hopes recent merger will give staff opportunity to grow