Copper Mountain announces February special events
January 19, 2014
Copper Mountain Resort received 35 inches of snow a week ago, bringing its season total to 166 inches.
With conditions the best they've been in years, mountain officials announced this week its calendar of special events for February, providing additional incentive to fall in love with Copper Mountain this season.
Beginning Friday, Feb. 14 and running through Monday, Feb. 17, Copper Mountain will host its annual wine festival, Copper Uncorked and In Love, featuring affordable wines from across the globe. Local chefs also will be on hand to compete for best pairing during the Wine-n-Wing Challenge scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 15.
Following the competition, Copper Mountain Resort ambassadors will lead a moonlight snowshoe tour. The tour takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. beginning in the West Village. The tour will then traverse frozen creeks and wooded trails en route to a moonlit meadow.
Space is limited and reservations can be made by calling guest services at 968-2318 ext. 45861. For more information about Copper Uncorked, visit http://www.coppercolorado.com.
In addition to its February special events, Copper Mountain officials said Woodward Winter Camps are in full swing for both skiers and riders. Winter Camps follow the same progression as the regularly offered Freestyle Lessons, including a half-day in the Woodward at Copper Barn and a half-day spent in Woodward's award-winning terrain parks.
Recommended Stories For You
Copper's freestyle camps also feature free gear giveaways thanks to camp-specific partnerships with some of the hottest ski and snowboard brands in the industry. Woodward coaches help skiers and riders take tricks to the next level and boast an 85 percent success rate in meeting camper's goals. For more information on Woodward Winter Camps, including a full list of dates and sponsors, visit http://www.woodwardatcopper.com.
There's still time to lock in some personal days with the $119 Snow Day Pass, good for unlimited riding at Copper Mountain anytime the slopes are graced with 4 inches or more of new snow.
Visit http://www.CopperColorado.com for the latest information on winter pass products, lodging deals and terrain updates.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Colorado health insurance regulators holding public meeting on 2018 premium rates
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery