Death Cafe coming to Silverthorne on Sunday
May 27, 2017
Dr. Karen Wyatt will be facilitating a death café from 4-6 p.m. today in Silverthorne. A death cafe is a casual meeting in which people can have end-of-life conversations in a comfortable, casual setting.
Wyatt is a physician and author of various books on end-of-life experiences. She said the meeting will have no program nor will it follow any agenda. Rather, it is meant to be a comfortable conversation about death. Wyatt said death cafes are especially helpful for someone who might want to have this kind of conversation, but doesn't necessarily feel he or she has anyone to have it with.
The café will be at a private home, 1111 Rainbow Drive in Silverthorne. Everyone is welcome, but because it's in a private home, Wyatt is asking that attendees RVSP via email at Karen@karenwyattmd.com. Space is limited.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)