Dillon announces details for annual Memorial Day ceremony
May 21, 2014
The town of Dillon announced it is hosting its annual Memorial Day ceremony at 10 a.m. Monday, May 26, at the Dillon Cemetery.
The service, which is presented by Dillon's Cemetery Advisory Committee in cooperation with the town, will feature music by the Summit Concert Band, as well as speeches by Mayor Kevin Burns, Summit County Commissioner Thomas Davidson and Dillon police chief Mark Heminghous.
As has been a tradition in Dillon, the service also will feature an open microphone opportunity for members of the public to remember and honor someone special in their lives.
Local Boy Scouts will be on hand to present the colors, as well as hold a flag retirement ceremony after the event. Members of the public are encouraged to bring old flags to have them retired properly.
For more information on Dillon's Memorial Day ceremony and other town events, call 468-2403 or visit http://www.townofdillon.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line