Dillon Dam Road to close briefly Wednesday for road maintenance
May 20, 2014
Dillon Dam Road, also known as Summit County Road 7, will close from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, while Denver Water and Summit County Road & Bridge perform routine facility and road maintenance.
Although the road will be closed, emergency vehicles will be permitted access, if necessary, according to a Denver Water news release. The recreation path along Dillon Dam Road will remain open during the work.
This road maintenance is being coordinated with the Dillon Dam Security Task Force to ensure the security and safety of the dam for Summit County residents, visitors and Denver Water.
The Dillon Dam Security Task Force is composed of officials from Denver Water, Summit County government and the towns of Dillon, Silverthorne and Frisco, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)