Dillon Dam Road to close briefly Wednesday for road maintenance
May 20, 2014
Dillon Dam Road, also known as Summit County Road 7, will close from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, while Denver Water and Summit County Road & Bridge perform routine facility and road maintenance.
Although the road will be closed, emergency vehicles will be permitted access, if necessary, according to a Denver Water news release. The recreation path along Dillon Dam Road will remain open during the work.
This road maintenance is being coordinated with the Dillon Dam Security Task Force to ensure the security and safety of the dam for Summit County residents, visitors and Denver Water.
The Dillon Dam Security Task Force is composed of officials from Denver Water, Summit County government and the towns of Dillon, Silverthorne and Frisco, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Trending In: Local
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Hunter survives bear attack near South Park
- Summit County skier transport plan provides for non-critical injuries
- Silverthorne recycling drop-off only taking glass starting Nov. 14
- Colorado may euthanize more bears and lions to try to boost dwindling deer numbers