Dillon Dam Road to close June 5 and 6 for maintenance, security work
June 2, 2017
Dillon Dam Road will be closed to vehicle traffic on June 5 and 6 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for Denver Water maintenance on security facilities and for routine road maintenance by the Summit County Road and Bridge Department.
Construction work is also ongoing at this location for Summit County Open Space & Trails' project to improve the Dillon Dam recreation path. However, a recpath detour will remain in place during all construction activities, allowing recpath users to travel across Dillon Dam. Emergency vehicle access will also be maintained during construction.
This road closure has been coordinated with the Dillon Dam Security Task Force, which is composed of officials from Denver Water, Summit County Government and the towns of Dillon, Silverthorne and Frisco, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says