Dillon police, Summit County coroner await autopsy results of Keystone man found dead on Tuesday
Ryan Summerlin October 4, 2013
At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday officials with the Summit County Coroner’s Office responded to the death of a 30-year-old man.
The decedent, identified as Stephen Mahlstedt of Keystone, was discovered in a town of Dillon residence, said Regan Wood, Summit County’s chief deputy coroner. Next of kin has been notified.
Coroner’s office staff are conducting an autopsy today to determine cause of death. Further details will be released pending the results of that autopsy, Wood said.
The Dillon Police Department also is conducting its own investigation.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Trending In: Local
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge