Dillon police, Summit County coroner await autopsy results of Keystone man found dead on Tuesday
October 4, 2013
At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday officials with the Summit County Coroner's Office responded to the death of a 30-year-old man.
The decedent, identified as Stephen Mahlstedt of Keystone, was discovered in a town of Dillon residence, said Regan Wood, Summit County's chief deputy coroner. Next of kin has been notified.
Coroner's office staff are conducting an autopsy today to determine cause of death. Further details will be released pending the results of that autopsy, Wood said.
The Dillon Police Department also is conducting its own investigation.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director