Dillon police, Summit County coroner await autopsy results of Keystone man found dead on Tuesday
October 4, 2013
At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday officials with the Summit County Coroner's Office responded to the death of a 30-year-old man.
The decedent, identified as Stephen Mahlstedt of Keystone, was discovered in a town of Dillon residence, said Regan Wood, Summit County's chief deputy coroner. Next of kin has been notified.
Coroner's office staff are conducting an autopsy today to determine cause of death. Further details will be released pending the results of that autopsy, Wood said.
The Dillon Police Department also is conducting its own investigation.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Netflix series prompts conversations between parents, teens about suicide
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Climber’s fall, death from Aspen 14er Capitol Peak caused by loose boulder, deputy says