Dillon police, Summit County coroner await autopsy results of Keystone man found dead on Tuesday
October 4, 2013
At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday officials with the Summit County Coroner's Office responded to the death of a 30-year-old man.
The decedent, identified as Stephen Mahlstedt of Keystone, was discovered in a town of Dillon residence, said Regan Wood, Summit County's chief deputy coroner. Next of kin has been notified.
Coroner's office staff are conducting an autopsy today to determine cause of death. Further details will be released pending the results of that autopsy, Wood said.
The Dillon Police Department also is conducting its own investigation.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep
- Dillon Ranger District reopens Breckenridge-area trails after Peak 2 Fire
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of July 16
- Sheriff warns of increased parking enforcement on Heeney Road
- At 117 years old, Frisco’s schoolhouse bell has been through a lot, including a kidnapping
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- Biff America: Six commandments we can all agree on (column)