Dillon police, Summit County coroner await autopsy results of Keystone man found dead on Tuesday
October 4, 2013
At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday officials with the Summit County Coroner's Office responded to the death of a 30-year-old man.
The decedent, identified as Stephen Mahlstedt of Keystone, was discovered in a town of Dillon residence, said Regan Wood, Summit County's chief deputy coroner. Next of kin has been notified.
Coroner's office staff are conducting an autopsy today to determine cause of death. Further details will be released pending the results of that autopsy, Wood said.
The Dillon Police Department also is conducting its own investigation.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Sheriff warns of increased parking enforcement on Heeney Road
- Photos: Yogis breathe in crisp mountain air at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails