Dillon police, Summit County coroner await autopsy results of Keystone man found dead on Tuesday
October 4, 2013
At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday officials with the Summit County Coroner's Office responded to the death of a 30-year-old man.
The decedent, identified as Stephen Mahlstedt of Keystone, was discovered in a town of Dillon residence, said Regan Wood, Summit County's chief deputy coroner. Next of kin has been notified.
Coroner's office staff are conducting an autopsy today to determine cause of death. Further details will be released pending the results of that autopsy, Wood said.
The Dillon Police Department also is conducting its own investigation.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Death Cafe coming to Silverthorne on Sunday
- Top-read stories in Summit County
- Local vet pays tribute on Memorial Day to those who made the ultimate sacrifice
- Summit Daily News event to shine spotlight on mental health in the mountains
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office invites students to explore law enforcement careers