Dillon schedules retail marijuana public forum
February 20, 2014
If you go
Who: Town of Dillon
What: Public forum about retail marijuana
When: 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26
Where: Town Council Chambers, Dillon Town Hall, 275 Lake Dillon Drive
— For more information, call the town of Dillon at 468-2403.
Dillon officials will host a public forum next week to begin a community discussion about retail marijuana and its future in the town.
The community meeting is scheduled to take place at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, in town council chambers at Dillon Town Hall, 275 Lake Dillon Drive.
The meeting was scheduled at the request of the Dillon Town Council, said town planner Ned West, to take the temperature of residents and business owners and to decide whether retail marijuana establishments are appropriate for the community.
"We'd really like their input on how we structure our code language and where these businesses might be located if the current moratorium is lifted by council," West said. "Of the four types of permissible establishments — retail, cultivation, product manufacturing and testing — the question is, does the community want them in Dillon and if so where should they go?"
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- I-70 road update: Eastbound now open at Vail Pass after crash