Dillon schedules retail marijuana public forum
February 20, 2014
If you go
Who: Town of Dillon
What: Public forum about retail marijuana
When: 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26
Where: Town Council Chambers, Dillon Town Hall, 275 Lake Dillon Drive
— For more information, call the town of Dillon at 468-2403.
Dillon officials will host a public forum next week to begin a community discussion about retail marijuana and its future in the town.
The community meeting is scheduled to take place at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, in town council chambers at Dillon Town Hall, 275 Lake Dillon Drive.
The meeting was scheduled at the request of the Dillon Town Council, said town planner Ned West, to take the temperature of residents and business owners and to decide whether retail marijuana establishments are appropriate for the community.
"We'd really like their input on how we structure our code language and where these businesses might be located if the current moratorium is lifted by council," West said. "Of the four types of permissible establishments — retail, cultivation, product manufacturing and testing — the question is, does the community want them in Dillon and if so where should they go?"
Trending In: Local
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Summit County could be the new home of police-led driving school
- Breckenridge transportation the topic of Summit Daily’s next What’s Brewing event
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Summit Middle School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction