Friends of the Dillon Ranger District hosts winter speaking event March 8
February 27, 2017
Friends of the Dillon Ranger District, the nonprofit organization supporting the local White River National Forest ranger station, hosts another conversation as part of its winter speaking series on Wednesday, March 8, this on the subject of water resource management.
Denver Water and other western water utilities face major challenges in managing our water resources. Climate change, growth and complex interstate dependencies are creating an uncertain future for maintaining sustainable, resilient water supplies for our communities.
During the "21st Century Challenges of Water Resource Management" dialogue, Denver Water will share strategies in place to ensure our water future. A special presentation by Troy Wineland, Summit County's water commissioner, will follow, and all are welcome.
Join the conversation in the Buffalo Mountain Room at the Summit County Commons in Frisco, 37 Peak One Dr., from 6:30-7:45 p.m. For more information, visit fdrd.com, or call (970) 262-3449.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says