Frisco Bay Marina hosting annual Classic Boat Show this weekend
July 24, 2014
On Saturday, July 26, the Frisco Bay Marina will host its annual Classic Boat Show.
Classic boat fans will have a chance to walk the docks to see a fleet of 20 to 30 wooden crafts from a variety of builders, including Chris-Craft, Century and Hacker. The show begins at 9 a.m. with viewing on the docks. A boat parade follows at 3 p.m. The event is free and the public is invited to view some classic beauties and visit with their owners.
"There is something pretty magical about a wooden boat. It really takes you back to a simpler time," said Phil Hofer, Frisco Bay Marina manager, in a news release. "I love seeing these boats out on the reservoir and I encourage folks to make a day of it and come check them out."
The marina offers kayak, stand-up paddleboard, canoe, runabout, fishing boat, fishing pole and pontoon boat rentals. It also offers reservoir tours on its own fiberglass boat, a restored 1962 Larson All-American. For information about the Frisco Bay Marina, visit http://www.FriscoMarina.com or call 668-4334.
Trending In: Local
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs