Frisco bids farewell to town councilmen, welcomes new members
April 12, 2014
Hunter Mortensen and Dan Kibbie were sworn in as town councilmen during the Tuesday, April 8 Frisco Town Council meeting.
In addition to Mortensen and Kibbie taking the oath of office, town officials also hosted a pre-meeting reception to bid farewell to outgoing town councilmen Woody Van Gundy and Kent Willis.
Van Gundy and Willis were each elected to the town council in April 2006, overseeing during their tenures several significant projects, including the Frisco Adventure Park and Tubing Hill, and the Whole Foods and Peak One Neighborhood projects.
After the meeting, Frisco Mayor Gary Wilkinson thanked the community for attending the reception and for welcoming the new councilmen.
"This council is looking forward to the fresh ideas and insight of the new council members, and we are very thankful for the years of service and dedication which Woody and Kent brought to council during their terms," Wilkinson said in a news release.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Snowy Peaks provides nontraditional route across graduation finish line