Frisco opens new 9-hole disc golf course
September 26, 2017
Frisco announced the opening of a new, nine-hole disc golf course on Tuesday that will add to the original 18 holes at the town's Peak One Disc Golf Course on the Peninsula Recreation Area. The new course will remain open as long as weather permits, probably about another month, the town said in its announcement.
"The feedback we received from the community about the Adventure Park and Peninsula has been invaluable and is providing an incredibly helpful and interesting roadmap into the area's future," assistant town manager and director of recreation Diane McBride said in a news release. "Likely, next year will bring even more exciting additions, which will serve to deepen the recreational experience at the Park."
This summer has also seen changes to the original 18-hole course. Holes 4, 5 and 6 were moved to accommodate the new Lake Access Trail, which was built to provide shoreline access after the Iron Springs road construction project led to the closure of the Dickey Day Use Area.
The Lake Access Trail currently connects the Frisco Adventure Park area to the Perimeter Trail, which runs along the shore of Lake Dillon. When the trail is completed next year, it will be a 3K loop, the town said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)