Frisco Town Clean Up Day and barbecue to be held May 20
May 11, 2017
The town of Frisco will be participating in the Countywide Town Clean Up Day on Saturday, May 20. Billed as a chance for citizens to get together to clean up neighborhoods, parks, open spaces, business areas and trails in anticipation of summer, the event will begin at 9 a.m. at the Frisco Historic Park on Main Street between First and Second avenues.
During the volunteer check in at 9 a.m., there will be coffee provided by Starbucks and donuts from Safeway, according to a news release. At that time, volunteers will also receive gloves, orange trash bags and tickets for door prize drawings, lunch and free beers or lemonade. Volunteers may ask to be assigned to a clean up area or they may select an area in Frisco that they feel would benefit from their efforts, the release said.
After the clean up, volunteers will be invited back to the Historic Park for a volunteer appreciation barbecue with burgers and hot dogs grilled up by Frisco Town Council. Safeway is providing the food for the BBQ and Backcountry Brewery is donating the beer.
The barbecue will also include volunteer door prizes and awards from local merchants for the most valuable, most unique and the ickiest finds of the day. Climax Molybdenum Company is presenting the musical entertainment, The Sessh, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife will be on hand to talk about their bear aware program, and the Frisco Elementary Green Team will be present as well. The town of Frisco Community Development Department will also be available to answer questions and get feedback about the unified development code revision process, and the town of Frisco Public Works Department will have a few big trucks at the barbecue for kids and adults to check out. For the first time, the town will also be accepting clean textile donations in any condition throughout the day.
Household waste is not accepted at the Frisco Clean Up Day. However, Summit County will host a free electronics, pharmaceutical and household hazardous waste disposal and recycling event on Saturday, May 20, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Summit Stage Bus Barn at 0222 County Shops Road, next to the County Commons. A list of accepted items and for additional information can be found at co.summit.co.us or by calling (970) 468-9263.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Colorado health insurance regulators holding public meeting on 2018 premium rates
- Breckenridge mayor, town manager to meet public over coffee today
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident