Frisco’s Meadow Creek Park pond opens for ice-skating
November 27, 2013
The town of Frisco Public Works Department announced Wednesday ice-skating is now available at the Meadow Creek Park pond.
"It's an exciting week in Frisco, we're kicking it off with the pond opening up today for ice-skating and the tubing hill at the Adventure Park is opening tomorrow," said Brodie Boilard, public information officer for the town of Frisco. "It's an incredible way to start off to the holidays."
Now in its 25th year offering ice-skating, the Meadow Creek Park pond, located behind Wal-Mart in Frisco, will be open for ice-skating from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Lighting is provided after dark.
Town of Frisco officials said unlike years past the town no longer has skates for the public to use and the park may not be reserved for special events.
Officials also said there will be no staff onsite and that the public should use the pond at their own risk.
For more information, call the Frisco Public Works Department at 668-0836.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral