Frisco’s Meadow Creek Park pond opens for ice-skating
November 27, 2013
The town of Frisco Public Works Department announced Wednesday ice-skating is now available at the Meadow Creek Park pond.
"It's an exciting week in Frisco, we're kicking it off with the pond opening up today for ice-skating and the tubing hill at the Adventure Park is opening tomorrow," said Brodie Boilard, public information officer for the town of Frisco. "It's an incredible way to start off to the holidays."
Now in its 25th year offering ice-skating, the Meadow Creek Park pond, located behind Wal-Mart in Frisco, will be open for ice-skating from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Lighting is provided after dark.
Town of Frisco officials said unlike years past the town no longer has skates for the public to use and the park may not be reserved for special events.
Officials also said there will be no staff onsite and that the public should use the pond at their own risk.
For more information, call the Frisco Public Works Department at 668-0836.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Netflix series prompts conversations between parents, teens about suicide
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back