Frisco’s Meadow Creek Park pond opens for ice-skating
November 27, 2013
The town of Frisco Public Works Department announced Wednesday ice-skating is now available at the Meadow Creek Park pond.
"It's an exciting week in Frisco, we're kicking it off with the pond opening up today for ice-skating and the tubing hill at the Adventure Park is opening tomorrow," said Brodie Boilard, public information officer for the town of Frisco. "It's an incredible way to start off to the holidays."
Now in its 25th year offering ice-skating, the Meadow Creek Park pond, located behind Wal-Mart in Frisco, will be open for ice-skating from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Lighting is provided after dark.
Town of Frisco officials said unlike years past the town no longer has skates for the public to use and the park may not be reserved for special events.
Officials also said there will be no staff onsite and that the public should use the pond at their own risk.
For more information, call the Frisco Public Works Department at 668-0836.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Historic Frisco cabin to be disassembled after sagging under years of snow
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class
- Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge music lineup announced