Frisco’s Meadow Creek Park pond opens for ice-skating
November 27, 2013
The town of Frisco Public Works Department announced Wednesday ice-skating is now available at the Meadow Creek Park pond.
“It’s an exciting week in Frisco, we’re kicking it off with the pond opening up today for ice-skating and the tubing hill at the Adventure Park is opening tomorrow,” said Brodie Boilard, public information officer for the town of Frisco. “It’s an incredible way to start off to the holidays.”
Now in its 25th year offering ice-skating, the Meadow Creek Park pond, located behind Wal-Mart in Frisco, will be open for ice-skating from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Lighting is provided after dark.
Town of Frisco officials said unlike years past the town no longer has skates for the public to use and the park may not be reserved for special events.
Officials also said there will be no staff onsite and that the public should use the pond at their own risk.
For more information, call the Frisco Public Works Department at 668-0836.
Trending In: Local
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Hunter survives bear attack near South Park
- Summit County skier transport plan provides for non-critical injuries
- Colorado may euthanize more bears and lions to try to boost dwindling deer numbers
- DA candidates answer questions about death penalty, restorative justice