Frisco’s Winter Vacation Sensation day camps open for registration
September 1, 2014
Winter Vacation Sensation 2014/2015 dates
October 17, 20 and 21
December 22, 23, 26, 29, 30 and 31
January 2 and 5, 2015
February 23-27, 2015
April 6-10, 2015
— For more information or to register, visit http://www.FriscoRecreation.com.
Registration for the town of Frisco's Winter Vacation Sensation and "No School" day camps opens at 8 a.m. Tuesday for the 2014-15 season.
Open to children 5 to 12 years of age, the Winter Vacation Sensation day camps provide working parents with a place to send their kids during holiday breaks. Winter Vacation Sensation is a state-licensed day camp program featuring experienced camp counselors, low counselor-to-camper ratios and daily themed activities. The camp also features two 15-passenger vans for field trips around Summit County.
New this year, the Frisco Recreation Events Department added more Winter Vacation Sensation days that fall in line with a new school break in October.
"We strive to provide engaging, reliable and fun day camps for children during their school breaks," said Linsey Kach, recreation events manager, in a town of Frisco news release. "We understand that days off from school can be very challenging for parents and caregivers. Honestly, we have as much fun as campers do because we plan things which are adventurous and a break from the every day."
All camps run from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with camper drop off between 8 and 8:45 a.m. and pick up between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. All camps will be located at 110 3rd Avenue, on the corner of 3rd Avenue and Granite Street in Frisco, with the exception of the October session, which will take place at the Frisco Nordic Center at 621 Recreation Way.
The camp costs $40 per day for Frisco residents and $45 per day for nonresidents. The camp offers a 20 percent "additional child" discount. To receive the discount, parents must register in person at the Frisco Adventure Park Day Lodge or by calling 668-9133.
Registration for all other participants is available online by visiting http://www.FriscoRecreation.com.
Space is limited and timely registration is strongly encouraged. Being a state-licensed day camp, parents are required to complete paperwork, including a registration form, waiver packet and a copy of a child's immunization records. Children will not be able to attend camp unless all mandatory paperwork is turned in at least one week prior to a child's first day of camp.
Paperwork may be filled out online.
The Winter Vacation Sensation will make reasonable accommodations for parents of special needs children.
For more information about the camp, call Linsey Kach at 668-9133 or send an email to Linseyk@townoffrisco.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco development code changes to be considered at council meeting
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 18
- Gov. John Hickenlooper takes a spin in visit to possible link in Alma-to-Aspen trail loop
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone