Giving Briefs: Breakfast and silent auction to benefit Swan Center Outreach
April 9, 2014
All-you-can-eat breakfast benefits rescued animals
The Silverthorne Elks Lodge will sponsor a breakfast and silent auction to benefit the animals and programs of Swan Center Outreach of Silverthorne, Sunday, April 13 from 9 a.m. to noon. Tickets are $10 pre-purchased or $12 at the door. Children are $5 at the door.
The event will feature music with Randall McKinnon, a silent auction and breakfast. Pre-purchased tickets may be obtained by calling Dr. Nancy Turner at (970) 333-2088 or the Elk’s lodge at (970) 468-2561.
Tax deductible donations and silent auction items or services are also welcome. For more information about Swan Center Outreach, go to http://www.swancenter.org.
Artist benefit and silent auction
Valerie Dunning Edwards is Art’s Alive Gallery’s featured artist for the month of April. Valerie creates acrylic paintings on canvas and on wood and incorporates paper, metal and acrylic paints into her sculptures of wildlife. Edwards’ artwork was chosen as this year’s winner for Breckenridge’s 2014 Ullr Fest Poster.
From 4-8 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, Art’s Alive Gallery will be hosting a reception as well as a silent auction to benefit Edwards.
Trending In: Local
- Summit County eyes infrastructure needs for Lake Hill housing in 2017
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area set to open Friday — the first in Colorado
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Fresh wildfires scorching the Colorado High Country
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain