GoBreck CEO John McMahon announces departure
December 17, 2013
John McMahon, president and CEO of GoBreck, announced Monday his resignation from the organization.
McMahon took the helm at GoBreck in 2008. His resignation takes effect Jan. 1, 2014.
McMahon’s five-year tenure is capped with a series of several accomplishments, according to a GoBreck news release, including sustainable increased funding, passage of ballot measure 2D lodging tax, transitioning the organization to a successful destination marketing organization (DMO), raising key performance levels, increasing market share for Breckenridge, and restoring the agency’s credibility and confidence among tourism stakeholders and industry partners.
“I am proud of our accomplishments and to depart having reached new organization performance peaks,” said McMahon. “Without the strong backing and support of the community, board and stakeholders our strides would not have been possible. GoBreck is poised for a bright future and top spot in the competitive tourism spotlight.”
After the New Year, McMahon will transition into an executive director role with the National Ski Patrol, a federally chartered nonprofit association made up of 28,000 members based in Lakewood. He will remain with GoBreck in an advisory position to ensure a seamless transition and search for a new successor in 2014, the release stated.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate
- Frisco hires new town manager
- Honey bee coalition releases video series on hive health
- Number of ski resort fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- Summit County celebrates the start of the holidays
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Video footage from Breckenridge’s Race of the Santas; Bernese Mountain Dog parade
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Summit School District again bests all-time enrollment total
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast