GoBreck wins Creative Media Award for #BreckBecause campaign
January 22, 2014
The #BreckBecause campaign, created by Barnhart Communitions for GoBreck, the destination marketing organization for the town of Breckenridge, won the Performance Media & Marketing award from the Creative Media Awards on Jan. 21.
Using chalkboards in town, social media and website submissions, the campaign collected the reasons guests said they loved the town, and then used those responses to showcase the Breckenridge experience with promotional billboards, digital media, event promotions, advertisements and video.
Thanks to the campaign, GoBrek has seen a 99 percent increase in Facebook fans, 132 percent increase in Instagram followers and a 19 percent increase in Twitter followers.
The hashtag had more than 3 million impressions, with more than 1,800 pictures submitted.
MediaPost started the Creative Media Awards nine years ago as the only awards competition that honors creativity in the media industry.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- SWAT team called to armed standoff in Silverthorne
- BREAKING: Silverthorne police request residents take shelter
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Silverthorne developer seeks community feedback on project that could transform town
- Peak School in Frisco awards diplomas to first graduating class