GoBreck wins Creative Media Award for #BreckBecause campaign
January 22, 2014
The #BreckBecause campaign, created by Barnhart Communitions for GoBreck, the destination marketing organization for the town of Breckenridge, won the Performance Media & Marketing award from the Creative Media Awards on Jan. 21.
Using chalkboards in town, social media and website submissions, the campaign collected the reasons guests said they loved the town, and then used those responses to showcase the Breckenridge experience with promotional billboards, digital media, event promotions, advertisements and video.
Thanks to the campaign, GoBrek has seen a 99 percent increase in Facebook fans, 132 percent increase in Instagram followers and a 19 percent increase in Twitter followers.
The hashtag had more than 3 million impressions, with more than 1,800 pictures submitted.
MediaPost started the Creative Media Awards nine years ago as the only awards competition that honors creativity in the media industry.
Trending In: Local
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Hunter survives bear attack near South Park
- Summit County skier transport plan provides for non-critical injuries
- Snowboarder charged $260K in damages from collision at Keystone won’t have to pay
- Silverthorne recycling drop-off only taking glass starting Nov. 14