GoBreck wins Creative Media Award for #BreckBecause campaign
January 22, 2014
The #BreckBecause campaign, created by Barnhart Communitions for GoBreck, the destination marketing organization for the town of Breckenridge, won the Performance Media & Marketing award from the Creative Media Awards on Jan. 21.
Using chalkboards in town, social media and website submissions, the campaign collected the reasons guests said they loved the town, and then used those responses to showcase the Breckenridge experience with promotional billboards, digital media, event promotions, advertisements and video.
Thanks to the campaign, GoBrek has seen a 99 percent increase in Facebook fans, 132 percent increase in Instagram followers and a 19 percent increase in Twitter followers.
The hashtag had more than 3 million impressions, with more than 1,800 pictures submitted.
MediaPost started the Creative Media Awards nine years ago as the only awards competition that honors creativity in the media industry.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Breckenridge mayor, town manager to meet public over coffee today
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon