‘Green’ with Envy fundraiser
May 13, 2013
Envy Salon owner Valerie Utaski is inviting the community to turn 'green' with envy on Tuesday with a fund-raiser for High Country Conservation Center.
"I had an idea to get involved in green living and healthy lifestyles this year," Utaski said. That led her to team up with other Frisco businesses and community members to hold a series of sustainable and healthy-themed fund-raisers.
The Barkley Ballroom is donating its space for the event, called "Swing into Spring." The evening will feature swing dance lessons and a raffle for HC3.
"Dance is a healthy thing to do. It's good exercise," Utaski said.
Doors open at 7 p.m. The event is free to everyone.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Netflix series prompts conversations between parents, teens about suicide
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue