Hangout with industry experts in recognition of National Small Business Week.
Ryan Summerlin June 17, 2013
Beginning Monday the U.S. Small Business Administration is hosting a series of Google Hangout events in recognition of National Small Business Week.
The series will focus on a variety small business tip sessions with business owners, technology experts, mentorship organizations and social media companies.
Each Google Hangout session is slated to begin at 2 p.m. and may be watched live at www.sba.gov/smallbusinessweek, www.youtube.com/sba and http://plus.google.com/+sbagov.
Participants may tweet questions to industry experts using the hashtag #SBW2013.
Topics and panelists include:
• Monday: Getting started with social media
Panelists from Twitter, Google, Constant Contact and W20 Group
Moderator: Bill Murphy, Jr., author and columnist for Inc.com
• Tuesday: Managing your businesses online reputation
Panelists from Yelp, LinkedIn, OpenSky, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp., Google and Manta
Moderator: Rieva Liesonsky, CEO of GrowBiz Media
• Wednesday: How a mentor can help your business
Panelists from the Small Business Administration’s Office of Entrepreneurial Development, Small Business Development Centers and Women’s Business Centers
Moderator: Fran Tarkenton, NFL legend and entrepreneur
• Thursday: How to get a business loan
Panelists from Wells Fargo, SCORE, the Small Business Administration’s Office of Capital Access and SBA loan recipient Ninkasi Brewing Company
Moderator: Calvin Goings, the Small Business Administration’s Region 10 administrator
Trending In: Local
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills