Heavy snow forces towns to cancel clean up days
May 18, 2017
Due to heavy snowfall, Breckenridge, Dillon, Frisco and Silverthorne have cancelled their respective town clean up days, which were originally scheduled for Saturday, May 20.
Frisco has rescheduled its clean up day and volunteer appreciation barbecue for Sunday, June 4. Volunteer sign ups will begin at 9 p.m. in front of the Historic Park and Museum, and the barbecue will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Breckenridge, Dillon and Silverthorne, meanwhile, will be offering clean up supplies to residents who would still like to pick up trash over the next week. Bags and gloves will be available Monday through Friday at the Breckenridge Public Works offices, the Silverthorne Recreation Center and at Dillon Town Hall.
Town staff will collect filled trash bags as long as they are left on the side of the road by 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 27.
The county will still be hosting its free electronics, pharmaceutical and household hazardous waste disposal and recycling event on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Summit Stage Bus Barn located 0222 County Shops Road.
A list of accepted items can be found at co.summit.co.us or by calling 970-468-9263
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Sticker shock: Breckenridge dam repairs expected to cost at least $16 million
- Frisco development code changes to be considered at council meeting
- Frisco Peninsula Recreation Area bike path detour in effect until January
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Breckenridge Music Festival kicks off on Thursday night with the Turnpike Troubadours
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- Breckenridge ranked second-best small town to visit by U.S. News and World Report
- Summit County board approves West Hills workforce-housing project in Keystone
- Gothard: It’s about safeguarding lives, not power plays (column)