Heeney Road closure delayed until August 25
August 23, 2017
A planned closure of Heeney Road has been delayed until Friday, Aug. 25, due to a scheduling conflict with a contractor.
The closure, to be imposed in both directions on a northern section of the road, is set to remain in place until Wednesday, Aug. 30. The work is intended to repair erosion on an embankment slope, which has begun to encroach on the pavement.
Heeney Road, also known as County Road 30, is roughly 20 miles north of Silverthorne and runs along the west side of Green Mountain Reservoir.
While the project is underway, access to the residential neighborhoods in Heeney will only be available from the southern intersection of Heeney Road and Colorado Highway 9.
The northern intersection of Heeney Road and Highway 9 will continue to provide access to Willows Campground and the few residences on the northernmost end of Green Mountain Reservoir. The project will not block access to any residences or businesses.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Lake Dillon Fire’s merger with Copper Mountain leaves Summit with two fire districts. But will a final merger ever happen?
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots