Jack Queen joins the Summit Daily News
August 11, 2016
The Summit Daily News welcomed its new public safety and courts reporter, Jack Queen, to the newsroom this week. Queen will also report on the towns of Frisco and Dillon.
Queen earned a bachelor's degree in political science from Colorado College in Colorado Springs, where he served as editor-in-chief for the student newspaper, the Catalyst.
Originally from Austin, Tex., Queen moved to Colorado to get closer to the mountains. He was inspired to jump into the newspaper business after reading several pieces by Chicago newspaper columnist Mike Royko.
"I fell in love with Mike Royko's style, his voice, the whole newspaper mystique," Queen said. "I think digital storytelling has a lot to offer, but it's missing something that brick-and mortar papers have — the ability to plant strong roots in community."
Contact Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give him at call at 970.668.4635.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)