Keystone Science School now accepting summer camp scholarship applications
February 15, 2017
The Keystone Science School is now accepting applications for scholarships for its annual summer camp until March 1, giving more children the chance to benefit from this outdoor experience.
These so-called "camperships" are available to families that need some financial support to send their kid(s) to camp. The program is now in its 11th year, having providing more than 500 children with a camp experience.
"We will make every effort possible to help your camper attend a session in one of our summer camp programs," Cap Witzler, selection committee member, said in a news release. "While our requests for financial help often exceed the funds available, if you feel your child cannot attend without some aid, and otherwise would be unable to attend, we would encourage you to promptly complete a financial aid application."
The process is simple, and more than $20,000 in scholarships are available. Recipients will be informed before April 1.
Interested individuals should visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org/camp/financial-aid. Once there, complete the online application, or submit it via U.S. Mail to:
Keystone Science School
1053 Soda Ridge Road
Keystone, CO 80435
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Summit County could be the new home of police-led driving school
- Breckenridge transportation the topic of Summit Daily’s next What’s Brewing event
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Summit Middle School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction