Lake Dillon Fire-Rescue to honor firefighters and community members at ceremony on Saturday
April 21, 2017
Lake Dillon Fire will be honoring five citizens and numerous firefighters and staff members at its annual awards ceremony in Dillon on Saturday, April 22 at 11 a.m. at the Dillon Community Church Fellowship Hall for their commitment to supporting department.
"We look forward every year to honoring our own employees for their exemplary work and are pleased to share this occasion with so many deserving members of our community who contribute to public safety and help make this such a wonderful place to be," Fire chief Jeff Berino said. "It is truly an honor for us to serve the residents and visitors of the Lake Dillon Fire Protection District."
The residents will be recognized for their support of the fire department through financial backing and professional services as well as their commitments to promoting fire preparedness in the community.
Department employees will be honored for milestones in their professional lives, including length of service, career advancements and continued education.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County ambulances to stay at full strength (for now) thanks to last-minute deal
- Man killed in Swan Mountain Road motorcycle crash identified
- Breckenridge eyes new law to regulate drones
- Bear’s death remains a mystery, cubs’ bellies full of store-bought cherries
- Colorado Lt. Gov. Lynne closing in on official gubernatorial bid
- Hiker dies on Conundrum Creek Trail near Aspen, Pitkin County officials say
- Mountain Town News: Jackson Hole preparing for crowd like none other
- 100 homes sold for $90M breaks record for Colorado mountain towns, developer says
- A viewer’s guide for Monday’s solar eclipse
- A Summit County, Colorado, guide to the Great American Eclipse