Leadville Police Department investigating ‘unnatural’ death, said District Attorney Bruce Brown
Ryan Summerlin December 30, 2013
The Leadville Police Department is investigating the death of a man found Monday morning within the city’s limits, 5th Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown confirmed Tuesday.
The man was discovered at approximately 8:30 a.m. His age and identity are being withheld until next of kin are notified, Brown said.
Although the man’s death does not appear to be the result of a homicide, it does appear to have been “unnatural,” Brown said.
Leadville police are leading the investigation, which is ongoing, Brown said. The district attorney’s office also is conducting a precautionary investigation.
— Joe Moylan
Trending In: Local
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students