Leadville Police Department investigating ‘unnatural’ death, said District Attorney Bruce Brown
December 30, 2013
The Leadville Police Department is investigating the death of a man found Monday morning within the city's limits, 5th Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown confirmed Tuesday.
The man was discovered at approximately 8:30 a.m. His age and identity are being withheld until next of kin are notified, Brown said.
Although the man's death does not appear to be the result of a homicide, it does appear to have been "unnatural," Brown said.
Leadville police are leading the investigation, which is ongoing, Brown said. The district attorney's office also is conducting a precautionary investigation.
— Joe Moylan
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County overdose trial defendant sentenced to two years in community corrections
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Business briefs: Summit County luxury home sales double in May
- Summer student lunch giveaway works to combat rising community need
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 11
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide