Leadville Police Department investigating ‘unnatural’ death, said District Attorney Bruce Brown
December 30, 2013
The Leadville Police Department is investigating the death of a man found Monday morning within the city's limits, 5th Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown confirmed Tuesday.
The man was discovered at approximately 8:30 a.m. His age and identity are being withheld until next of kin are notified, Brown said.
Although the man's death does not appear to be the result of a homicide, it does appear to have been "unnatural," Brown said.
Leadville police are leading the investigation, which is ongoing, Brown said. The district attorney's office also is conducting a precautionary investigation.
— Joe Moylan
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case