Leadville Police Department investigating ‘unnatural’ death, said District Attorney Bruce Brown
December 30, 2013
The Leadville Police Department is investigating the death of a man found Monday morning within the city's limits, 5th Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown confirmed Tuesday.
The man was discovered at approximately 8:30 a.m. His age and identity are being withheld until next of kin are notified, Brown said.
Although the man's death does not appear to be the result of a homicide, it does appear to have been "unnatural," Brown said.
Leadville police are leading the investigation, which is ongoing, Brown said. The district attorney's office also is conducting a precautionary investigation.
— Joe Moylan
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- Sheriff warns of increased parking enforcement on Heeney Road
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails