Leadville Police Department investigating ‘unnatural’ death, said District Attorney Bruce Brown
December 30, 2013
The Leadville Police Department is investigating the death of a man found Monday morning within the city's limits, 5th Judicial District Attorney Bruce Brown confirmed Tuesday.
The man was discovered at approximately 8:30 a.m. His age and identity are being withheld until next of kin are notified, Brown said.
Although the man's death does not appear to be the result of a homicide, it does appear to have been "unnatural," Brown said.
Leadville police are leading the investigation, which is ongoing, Brown said. The district attorney's office also is conducting a precautionary investigation.
— Joe Moylan
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Dillon town council sends hotel development back to drawing board
- Summit High School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Mrs. Summit County works with pageant to collect teddy bears for children
- Frisco BBQ Challenge hosting essay contest for Father’s Day weekend getaway
- Dillon Town Council reviewing hotel proposal at Tuesday meeting
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access