Medical center celebrates Hospital Week, tenure milestones
May 10, 2013
In honor of Hospital Week, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center recognized both the outstanding efforts and achievements among its staff and the milestones its employees have reached in their employment. Hospital Week is a nationwide celebration and this year the hospital's governing body included Nurses' Day with the celebration, honoring and paying tribute to the quality nursing staff at the facility. This included "Blessing of the Hands," a Centura tradition that recognizes the importance of the healing touch in the nursing profession and is at the heart of St. Anthony's mission. Also honored were Associates of the Year, who were named at breakfasts Monday and Tuesday. Employees were recognized for tenures of five, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years of service.
"It is with great honor that we recognize our tenure employees, their achievements and celebrate the top-quality care that St. Anthony Summit Medical Center as a whole provides this community," said Paul Chodkowski, the hospital's president and CEO. "Our staff continues to provide world-class service as evidenced by the hospital's top scores in patient satisfaction in the nation."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Netflix series prompts conversations between parents, teens about suicide
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue