New train and plane services expand travel options to Colorado ski areas
October 5, 2017
New nonstop flights to and from the state's eight regional airports and expanded service on the Winter Park Express will provide skiers and riders more convenient travel options to their favorite Colorado resorts by train, plane or car this winter.
Coming off its successful reintroduction, the Winter Park Express from Denver's Union Station will once again be in service, this year each Saturday and Sunday Jan. 5-March 25. In addition to new reduced fares of $29 each way on some departures, three "First Friday round-trips will join the alternative route to the Grand County ski area without a car.
Each of Colorado's eight regional airports, including Telluride, Aspen-Pitkin County and Steamboat are each offering new direct flights for the 2017-18 season from a variety of locations like Austin, Kansas City, Phoenix and Charlotte. For a full list of flights in and out of the local landing strips, visit: coloradoski.com/traveling
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Lake Dillon Fire’s merger with Copper Mountain leaves Summit with two fire districts. But will a final merger ever happen?
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says